Sunday, May 6, 2012

Griffey Jr.


In 2 weeks my son and I will be attending a card show. His first and I haven’t been to one since the summer of 1990.  It was a local high school and Ken Griffey Jr. was there to sign items.

I remember they were selling 1000 tickets at $10 each to get items signed. I didn’t buy anything that day except for 2 tickets, a Rawlings ball and an 8 x 10 of Mr. Griffey.

I remember my ticket was in the 900’s. He was late and I waited many hours to get my items signed.  But it was worth it.  I stumbled on the signed items this week and they brought back those memories.



I have many signed cards and other items in my collection, but I think this is the ony signed 8 x 10 in my collection.

I really enjoy looking at sets and cards, but there is just something special about a signed item.





3 comments:

  1. Where was the autograph signing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was in 1990 at Grand Blanc High School in Grand Blanc Michigan.

      Delete
  2. Thanks. I knew that you were a Michigan-based guy like me and I was beside myself thinking I missed a Griffey signing in the Metro-Detroit area during that time. Otherwise, I would have been all over it.

    ReplyDelete