Sunday, May 20, 2012

The End of a Great Show

I have posted a few items from this weekend's card show.

But I wanted to write one more about the best part of the show.  As we were leaving my son was looking at a Detroit Tiger album and found an Ivan Rodriguez Fleer Ultra Game Worn Jersey Card. I am no expert in these, but he was pretty proud of the find.

The price was $10.00, and he only had $5.00.  The dealer saw him looking at it and asked him if he liked that card. My son said yes and continued to stare at it.

I asked the dealer what his best price was and he said $8.00.  He looked up at me and said he wanted a special card for his first card show.

The dealer asked, "Is this is your first card show?"

He replied, "Yes."

The dealer told him he would give him a special student discount and give it to him for $7.00.

He opened his duct tape wallet and showed him his student ID card, while I handed him an extra $2.00.

The dealer smiled and handed him this card.


He thanked the dealer and had a smile from ear to ear. I don't know if we over spent or not and I don't care. The point is this was a special day for him and for me and he couldn't wait to show his mom.

On the way home, he told me he is going to start a "Pudge collection".  I told him I thought that was a great idea!

Days like this, finds like this and dealers like this are what makes this hobby great!

2 comments:

  1. Ask him if he's only collecting Pudge as a Tiger. If he wants some Ranger Pudges. I'll hook him up in a big way. I just need your address.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great story. Card collecting as it should be.

    ReplyDelete